You may have heard of crystal wands before and you might be wondering what they are. They are a type of wand that is used in the practice of magic, specifically to channel energy. Most people use them for healing purposes, but some also use them for protection or even as aids to enhance their spiritual journeys. But how do you know which crystal wand will work best with your needs? Here’s a guide to help you choose!
1. What Is a Crystal Wand?
A crystal wand is any object that channels energy through its vibration. The most popular type are wands made specifically for this purpose – long shafts with one or more crystals on the top, bottom, sides, or all over them. You may also know them as “crystal staff” (a term usually reserved for those used in ceremonial magic). A chakra wand represents our 7 chakra systems. Each one of the seven chakras has its own meaning and “symptoms” that manifest when it is out of balance. From the root chakra at the base of your spine to the crown chakra at the top of your head, each governs different areas of your life. Chakra wands can be used to help clear and balance these energy centers.
2. Why Should You Use Crystal Wands?
There are many reasons why you might want to use a crystal wand. Some of the most popular reasons are:
- To clear and balance your chakras
- For healing purposes
- To increase your energy levels
- To protect yourself from negative energy
- To amplify your intentions
The most popular reason is for healing. By directing the energy of the crystal wand towards certain areas of the body, you can help to clear blockages and restore balance.
3. How to Choose Your Crystal Wand?
When it comes to choosing a crystal wand, it is important to consider the following factors:
- What type of energy do you need?
- What is your intention for using the wand?
- What crystals are best suited to your needs?
Once you have answered these questions, you can begin to look for wands that correspond with your answers. If you need a wand that can help with healing, then you will want to choose one that is made of crystals such as rose quartz, amethyst, or clear quartz. These crystals have strong healing properties and can be used to clear blockages and restore balance.
If you need a wand for protection, then you might want to choose one that is made of crystals such as black tourmaline, garnet, or bloodstone. These crystals have strong protective properties and can help to shield you from negative energy.
If you need a wand for amplifying your intentions, then you might want to choose one that is made of crystals such as citrine, carnelian, or tiger’s eye. These crystals can help to amplify your intentions and increase your focus and energy.
4. How to Tune a Crystal Wand?
Before you can use a crystal wand, you must first tune it to your specific needs. This is done by clearing the wand of any previous energy and programming it with your own intentions. Tuning and conducting energy activities are done with the right hand. Energy waves are received by the left hand and immediately transported to the right hand via the chakra powerpoints, according to crystal healing laws. So when using a wand, always cup the left hand around the crystal and use the right hand to direct energy.
5. How to Use Crystal Wands?
There are many ways that you can use a crystal wand. Here are some of the most popular methods:
- Chakra clearing and balancing: Holding the wand over each chakra in turn, visualize the energy of the crystals restoring balance and harmony to your energy field.
- Energy healing: Direct the energy of the crystals towards the areas of the body that need healing.
- Distance healing: Send healing energy to people or animals who are not physically present.
- Psychic protection: Use the wand to create a protective shield around yourself or your home.
- Meditation: Use the wand as a focal point for your meditation practice.
- Manifesting: Use the wand to help you bring your intentions into reality.
6. Cleaning and Storing a Crystal Wand
It is important to clean and store your crystal wand properly in order to maintain its energy and vibrancy. You must first shake off the bad energy that the healing wand has accumulated in order to recharge it and preserve it ready for future use. Soaking a crystal wand in clean water for up to 24 hours is the easiest way to clean it. Spend one hour in the noon sun and one night beneath the moonlight to recharge your crystal wand (works maximum during full moon nights).
Now that you know all about crystal wands, it’s time to choose one and start using it for your own personal healing. Consider what type of energy you need, what crystals are best suited for your needs, and what intentions you want to program into your wand. With these tips in mind, you can’t go wrong in finding the perfect wand for you!