On Sunday the Formula One season kicked off in Melbourne Australia in more ways than one. If your team’s car left the pit stop, let alone finished the race, you were doing well. The result seemed to be similar to last year with Hamilton coming first and his teammate, Rosberg coming second. Lewis Hamilton is the only person I have met of all the Formula One drivers. I have always been intrigued by Formula One and after watching the movie Rush, I wanted to know more about the fashion side of things.How rich is this sport and how influential are the sports stars regarding the fashion and the image they want to portray?
If Lewis Hamilton continues his winning streak he could be the richest sport star ever outside boxing, according to various reports. How on earth has he done that? From reading and hearing about how women behave during Formula One, it certainly got me thinking, what would I wear to a Formula One race for 2015? How can you get the attention of some of the most powerful men in the world of sports?
The first outfit I want to talk about is the Jumpsuit as I think it fits the kind of style the drivers wear. Of course the female equivalent is much more elegant. Starting in the 1960s, the jumpsuit has made occasional appearances in common and high fashion (particularly in the 1980s). They retain connotations of the future because they have been frequently featured in popular science fiction.
Jumpsuits have often been used as stage costumes in stage productions and by various singers and bands. A black leather jumpsuit is part of Suzi Quatro‘s image. Jumpsuits have also reappeared from time to time in high fashion, where it is often attractive to designers because it has an unbroken line running from the neck to the feet and can be flattering on some body shapes. In the UK, the word onesie has come to describe casual jumpsuits (to be used as loungewear or pyjamas).
Jumpsuits are generally regarded as a garment of convenience, as they are simpler to launder, put on and remove than an ensemble outfit. Unless the jumpsuit has a drop seat, however, it is necessary to remove it entirely for bathroom use.
When thinking of open cars and motorbikes, the leather jacket comes to mind. So this is another piece for my outfit. Today, the leather jacket is pretty much cultural shorthand for cool – put it on and your outfit instantly exudes an edgy, bad-boy quality. Here, a look at how the outerwear icon evolved from protective gear to a modern-day style must-have.
- Early 1900s – Brown leather flight jackets are worn by aviators and members of the military. During WWII they become known as “bomber jackets,” prized for their heavy insulation and warmth.
- 1928 – Irving Schott designs the first motorcycle jacket. There you go it entered the arena of motor sports.
- 1953 – Here’s where the Hollywood years come in. Marlon Brando wears a leather bomber jacket and schools everywhere ban “the Brando look,” fearing it symbolizes a rebellious youth culture. There is something rebellious in the motor sport too.
- 1955 – Rebel-without-a-cause (and movie star heartthrob) James Dean is hardly ever seen without his leather jacket, further perpetuating its rebellious reputation.
- 1963 – Paired with his signature aviators, Steve McQueen single-handedly makes the leather jacket the epitome of cool.
- 1974 – The Fonz debuts his leather jacket on the popular TV show Happy Days. This very jacket remains on display today in the Smithsonian Institution.
- Early 1980s – Punk rockers Blondie and Billy Idol give the leather jacket their own spin, adding studs, safety pins, and of course, plenty of attitude.
- 1999 – Brad Pitt as Tyler Durden in the fight club is iconic in his red leather biker jacket.
I own many leather jackets in many different colours. Choosing your type will certainly be the difference between you staying in the pit or in some cases being asked to leave.
Next comes the hairstyle. In an arena like this your hair should be in tip top shape. Styled in a way that grabs the attention of the likes of Niki Lauda let alone Jackie Stewart in the pit. Then you certainly want these legendary men to be reminded of the classy side of any woman. Also it can get hot and heated out there with wind forces created when cars pass by at speeds of over 300 kph. Make sure your hairstyle can handle that.
This season it’s all about sporty shoes taken to a huge level. Comfort and style is what you need to be wearing in the pit. Now these are heels you can run in literally. That is entirely up to you. But trainers have gone so high end, why would you choose to be wearing anything less.
Gracie Opulanza Eyewear And Acessories
Its been a long time coming, but for me when it comes to eyewear in this pit, then the choice is endless. The key is to choose a variety that will state you’re not to be messed about with. Or more enticing a soft touch. I am not going to say much more than this for now.