Whether you are channelling Annette Funicello from Beach Blanket Bingo and going under the boardwalk, or whether you are embodying Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany’s for your Big Apple vacation, the summer holiday season is fast approaching. That means it’s time to stop complaining about how cold and rainy spring is so far and turn your attention to your summer wardrobe.
Besides, shopping for our holidays is almost as fun as going on holiday, don’t you think? Even if you are on a staycation in the United Kingdom this summer.
So, what does the retro fashionable girl need for the summer holiday season? Well, everything, but here are just a few retro accessories to get you started. Don’t forget your retro swimsuit, your retro bikini, and your safety sunblock too!
- Starlet Sunglasses in Champagne with Rivets. These look straight out of Mad Men!
- Washed Ashore Camera Strap by Bloom Theory. Every girl needs a pretty camera strap!
- East-West Tote by Straw Studios. Nautical stripes are in once again this season.
- Raffia Tortola Floppy Hat in Sand. Audrey would be proud to wear this one.
- Tassel Paisley Scarf. For those breezy nights along the ocean.
- Dabney Wedges. Brigitte Bardot would be jealous of these!
Always have Opulent sunglasses are a great way to get a vintage look.
Turbans are the new alternative instead of the hat for this summer.
Stripes And Polka Dots
Everything red and white with a nautic vibe is always a statement of retro fashion. In Venice today.
I would team this with a leather handbag made in Venice. Everything bright and orange for summer.
Whether it’s a bikini or a one-piece. Make sure you opt for an everything polka dot or striped.
Be as colourful or as black and white as you like.
Colour clashing and a peacock belt always is a statement message. Don’t forget your accessories such as coral.
Natural tan dresses, always look very retro.
Getting your dancing shoes on and live life this summer. Tan sandals are always a great neutral beige for your capsule wardrobe.